IPRI Founding Director, Daniel Weitzner, is the co-PI of the PACT project, which aims to use private, digital contact tracing to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. As part of this project, Weitzner has discussed the PACT project with a wide variety of news sources, a few of which are linked to below:
- NPR: Reopening Won’t Feel Normal; Tech Giants Plan For Contact Tracing
- Washington Post: The Technology 202: MIT researchers unveil effort to trace spread of the coronavirus
- MIT Technology Review: Contact tracing without Big Brother
- Boston Herald: MIT team races to perfect cellphone tracing of coronavirus
- WAMU 88.5: Apple, Google Coronavirus Tool Won’t Track Your Location. That Worries Some States
Want to learn more about the PACT project? Check out the official PACT website here.